Medically Supervised Weight Loss
Ozonotherapy is the basis of a type of therapy that’s been used to help ght “incurable” diseases throughout the world. Administered intravenously (I.V.), this method was rst used by doctors in France in 1951. Widely used in Europe, ozonotherapy was introduced into the United States in the early 1980’s.
- Activates and boosts the immune system in infectious diseases. For those with auto-immune disorders, ozone will modulate the immune system to help to stop it from attacking healthy human cells
- Improves the cellular utilization of oxygen that reduces ischemia in cardiovascular diseases, and in many of the infirmities of aging.
- Increases energy production in your cells
- Causes the release of growth factors that stimulate damaged joints and degenerative discs to regenerate.
- Can dramatically reduce or even eliminate many cases of chronic pain through its action on pain receptors.
- Chelates all metals from the body, such as lead, mercury, aluminum, arsenic, and so forth, by extracting them from blood, cells and nerve tissue.
- Makes red blood cells flow with less viscosity and become more flexible to flow through narrowed or clogged arteries.
- Reduces the level of acidity of your body
- Increases the activity of your “anti-oxidant enzyme systems”
- Kills bacteria, viruses (and virtually all other disease causing organisms) on contact
- Kills cancer cells on contact
- Has demonstrated its healing effects on interstitial cystitis, chronic hepatitis, herpes infections, dental infections, diabetes, and macular degeneration–as documented through published papers.
Intravenous and Intra-Articular Ozone Therapies
Intravenous ozone therapy treatment consists of the use of medical grade oxygen and
ozone gases safely injected into the vein. Ozone gas is a trivalent oxygen molecule
lacking an electron. The extra “O” in the ozone molecule acts like a glue to “steal” an
electron from anything in the body that cannot defend itself, including viruses, bacteria,
fungus, yeast and molds. Healthy cells, which contain antioxidants, are not impacted,
but all pathogens are destroyed.
Intradiscal Ozone for Herniated Disc
Oxygen-ozone therapy is an option to treat lumbar disc herniation that has failed to
respond to conservative management, as a recourse before surgery or when surgery is
Treatment consists of an injection of oxygen and ozone to treat a herniated disc. There
are two types: an injection outside of the disc and an injection directly into the disc. The
ozone injection directly into the disc reacts with the inner disc material to reduce
inammation, shrink the disc and the hernia.
An outpatient procedure, it is performed using a local anesthesia. A needle is guided to
the disc under uoroscopic (motion x-ray) and a mixture of oxygen and ozone is
injected directly into the herniated disc. After the procedure, patients will lie on their
back (or either side) for approximately six hours to keep pressure o the disc and keep
the ozone from leaking out while it “reacts” with your inner disc material.
Results will occur over a period of time, such as 6 to 12 months for disc shrinkage to
Treatment is not covered by insurance.
This procedure is not FDA approved.
Patients will need an MRI report and the images for this procedure. An ideal candidate
has a contained, soft, herniated disc at one level. The higher the level of calcication of
the disc, the less it shrinks with this procedure. Therefore, you will get the most
shrinkage with a soft herniated disc.
Patients who have hardware or have undergone invasive surgery may not be good
candidates for this procedure.